27 Jun 2018
Effectiveness of Marketing Campaigns
What is marketing?
According to the business dictionary, marketing, simply put, is the management process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer.
Marketing gives consumers the knowledge and chance to choose between brands and their competitors.
The purpose of marketing allows for capturing the attention of your target market, facilitating purchasing decisions, and providing a specific call-to-action.
Why do we need marketing campaigns?
Millennials expect an experience.
Writing and researching for your marketing plan gives you the chance to:
- Identify your target market and understand how your product or service meets their needs
- Identify your competitors and what your target consumers think about your competitor’s strengths and weaknesses
- Position your brand, products and services so that your target market sees your business as better than, or different from, the competition
- Set specific, measurable goals and timeframes for your marketing activities
- Map out a strategy to reach your target audience, including the messages, channels and tools you will use
When you develop your plan, you’ll set targets and milestones which can help you to:
- Allocate resources and budget
- Motivate your team
- Manage performance of your staff members and marketing efforts
A good marketing plan could potentially change the world.
Here are some successful marketing campaigns:
Nike: Just Do It
Launched in 1988, Nike’s “Just do it” remains relevant 30 years on.
(Source: Branding Strategy Insider)
Always: #LikeAGirl Campaign
(Source: Campaign Live)
Dove: Real Beauty Campaign
(Source: Huffington Post)
Use of social media
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat, and YouTube also play a large part in marketing. Social media allows brands to reach a wider range of audience, from all over the world. It’s fast, easy, convenient, and guaranteed to work.
With social media, audience engagement rate goes up with the availability of live videos, reactions, polls, comments, and shares. It allows for real-time commentary and experience.
How to create a good marketing campaign
Here’s 9 simple steps that will ensure the success of your marketing campaign:
- Know how your marketing campaign fits into your marketing plan
This is where you know who your audience is and how to best communicate with them.
- Set your marketing campaign objective and parameters
To ensure that you are absolutely clear on the purpose of your plan.
- Determine how you will measure success
Set realistic expectations.
- Set your marketing campaign budget
Budgeting has to be practical.
- Choose your marketing strategies to communicate with the customers
Find out what are the best platforms you can use to reach your target audience.
- Create a time line/action plan
So that you will always know exactly what to do and when.
- Do it
Take action and execute your plans.
- Measure your results
Determine how successful your campaign was and work on it for further improvement.
- Tweak and repeat as necessary
As you continue to grow and reach new heights, your plans will have to too.
(Source: The Balance Small Business)
Return to the main SGPFair Blog Page